AKC Fox Red Labrador Retriever Puppies
Labrador Retriever Puppy For Sale in BIG LAKE, MN
|Times Ad Viewed:||381 times|
Red Collar Male
|Age:||4 Months Old|
|Size at Maturity:||Large|
|Shipping Area:||United States|
|Payment Method:||Money Order/Cashier's Check, Paypal, Credit Cards, Cash|
We have a beautiful litter of all Fox Red puppies ready for their new homes. Currently, only 2 males are still available! The puppies were born on November 10, 2016. They were born inside our home and have been handled daily from birth. We are home with our puppies all day, and our children are involved in caring for them and socializing them. They have had dew claws removed, have been dewormed every two weeks, are eating solid puppy food, and will have vet checks and vaccinations before going to their new homes. All of our puppies are sold with a 26 month health guarantee covering hips, elbows, and eyes. The parents have been OFA certified and extensively genetically tested. Our extended family has been involved in raising this same line of Labradors for over 27 years, and we really know the dogs and love them--and we stand behind their health, intelligence, and loyalty to their families. The parents both come from amazing hunting lines as well, and our former puppies are doing extremely well as both family companions and hunters. Please don't hesitate to email or call with any questions!
This beautiful boy is one of only two male puppies left in our litter this year. We will not be having a litter of all fox red Labs for over two years now (we have plans for a litter this summer which will probably be a mix of fox red and yellow puppies). The "Red Collar" pup is an extremely smart and good-looking guy. He is completely vaccinated, up-to-date on dewormings, microchipped, and ready to go. He has been playing with kittens, other dogs, and lots of children and has the sweetest, spunky personality. He has a compact, well-proportioned body structure and is going to be a beautiful boy when full-grown. His mother comes from Rik's Risky Raider, Lean Mac, Candlewoods lines and has produced phenomenal hunters and hunt test dogs in her time. His sire is from British-style lines and is a gorgeous dog who loves to retrieve and is currently being trained to dock hunt. Both parents are family dogs and are health tested and certified. Our puppies come with a 26 month health guarantee. We welcome visitors to meet the pups and parents.
Items Included: Vet Check, Health Certificate, 26-Month Health Guarantee, Dew Claws Removed, Vaccination, Dewormings, Puppy Packet, AKC Limited Registration, Puppy Food, Pedigree
|A.K.A. :||Labrador, Lab|
|Overview:||The Labrador Retriever is probably America's favorite dog. He is playful (well into his adult years) and is often seen as a lifelong friend.|
|Weight (lbs):||male: 65-80, female: 55-70|
|Height (in):||male: 22-24, female: 21-23|
|Colors:||Solid black, yellow, or chocolate.|
|Coat:||It should be short, straight and very dense, giving a fairly hard feeling to the hand. The Labrador should have a soft, weather-resistant undercoat. A slight wave down the back is permissible.|
|Character:||Labrador Retrievers are obedient, sociable, and affectionate. Loyal dogs, they have a very playful nature ' even into adulthood.|
|Temperament:||This breed gets along well with children, other dogs, and most household pets. They are not considered to be great watch dogs, however.|
|Care:||The Labrador Retriever requires weekly brushing, though twice weekly brushing is needed during times of shedding.|
|Training:||This breed learns very quickly and is always eager to please. Training is quite easy.|
|Activity:||The Labrador Retriever can easily adapt to the exercise level of your family, but actually needs a lot of exercise, including long walks and field sports.|
|Country of Origin:||Canada|
|Health Issue:||This breed is prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, progressive retinal atrophy, and other eye disorders.|
More About Labrador Retriever Breed
Diesel, the sire, is a beautiful Fox Red male with a beautiful square head. He is sweet, intelligent, loves to hunt, and is currently being trained to dock jump. He has been extensively tested for many genetic disorders and has had hips and elbows OFA certified. He has been producing beautiful puppies with a calm, sweet personality.
Ruby, the dam, is also a beautiful Fox Red color with the most gentle, family-oriented personality we have ever seen in a dog. She wants nothing more than to lay at your feet and be a part of every moment of family life! Her puppies have turned out to be sweet and wonderful family companions as well as avid retrievers and hunters. Ruby has a beautiful blocky head, and her offspring tend to inherit her classic lab looks.
Before getting a new puppy, make sure you are prepared to share your life with a new family member for the next 15 or more years! Owning a dog is a big responsibility!
Questions You Should Ask the Breeder
1. Are the puppies' parents "certified"? This means that certain breeds are often at risk for genetic conditions such as hip problems, heart problems and eye problems. Most of these diseases are inherited, meaning the disease is passed from parent to puppy. Many breeders will have their dogs evaluated and tested for that disease and ultimately "certified" by a veterinary specialist to be disease-free.
2. What are the sizes of the puppy's parents? Know how big the parents are, to get a good idea of how big your puppy will be. Is that the size dog you want?
3. Ask to meet the dogs parents. If possible, meet the puppy's parents. Notice if they appear to be in good health and evaluate their overall temperament. Are they shy, aggressive, or well adjusted?
4. How have they socialized the pups? Have the pups been around other dogs? Other people? Socialization is critical in puppies 6 – 16 weeks old. Proper socialization consisting of good experiences of a puppy with other puppies and lots of different ages, sizes and types of people will give you the best chance at having a well-adjusted dog.
5. What vaccines has the puppy had? How many shots has he received and when will the puppy be due for his next puppy shot?
6. Have the puppies been dewormed? All puppies are born with worms and routine deworming is recommended.
7. Have any of the puppies in the litter been sick? If so, what were the signs, the diagnosis and treatment?
8. What visits has the puppies had with the veterinarian? Have they been examined and declared "healthy"? If not, what problems have they had? Have they been on any medications?
9. What is their guarantee? What guarantee does the breeder give with their puppies? If the puppy is found to have a severe illness, what will they do? This is a difficult topic but one that is a lot easier to cover up front rather than later.
10. Recommendations? Ask the breeder for a couple references of puppy owners that they have sold within the past year. CALL them. Find out if the breeder was fair, if they were happy with their pups, and how any problems were handled.
11. Breeders contract? Does your breeder require a breeder's contract? If so, what is in it? Is the breeder willing to take back the puppy at any time, if you can't keep it?
12. Limited registration. Some breeders require that you spay or neuter your dog by a certain age. If that is the case, that may not be a problem but it is best to know before you get your puppy.
13. What is the family history? Ask if the breeder has information about the breed line. For example, ask how long the dogs have lived and what they have died from. Write it down. This may be important for monitoring your pet as he gets older.
14. What is the breeder currently feeding the puppy? Regardless of what they are feeding, it is ideal to continue feeding the same food for the first few days at home to minimize the risk of gastrointestinal disturbances. If you choose to change the diet, do it gradually.
15. Health certificate and certificate of sale. Ask the breeder if he will supply a health certificate for the puppy issued by his veterinarian. Some states require also a certificate of sale.
16. Does the breeder belong to a breed club? Ask for references.
Get your questions answered and feel very comfortable with your new puppy.
Date listed: 03/22/2017
Breed: Labrador Retriever Sex: Male(s) and Female(s) Male(s) and Female(s) Age: 6 Weeks Old Location: BIG LAKE, MNWe had a beautiful litter of AKC registered black and yellow Labrador Retriever puppies born on February 6, 2017. The puppies will be ready to go soon! They are from amazing field trial and hunt test lines--Lean Mac, Candlewoods, and Grade. The mother is black and about 55 pounds--on the lean side with a beautiful head and the sweetest disposition. She is a very dedicated retriever out in the field! The father is a deep fox red color, about 85 pounds. He is a sweet, beautiful guy and has sired incredible puppies in the past and has had just about every possible health clearance done! Our puppies are raised with children and other animals and come with dew claws removed, microchip placed, vet visit, health certificate, dewoming done, and a 26 month guarantee on hips, elbows, and eyes. The puppies in the photos on this ad are the puppies currently available from this litter. One of the black male puppies is sold, but the new family has not picked which they will take home, so we do not know which will be available. Their pick will be made on March 24. Many more photos available upon request, or visit our website! References also available!
Litter of 9
like1 People Like ThisBe The First To Like ThisTags:lab labrador labradors retriever
Too many cute puppies? Can't make up your mind? PuppySpin'em!
Click Like or Don't Like to narrow down your search and create a list of Favorites to email or share with your friends on Facebook to help you choose...
Your choices will be conveniently saved in your Favorites list, which you can easily access after you have finished PuppySpinning...
by selecting a different breed below.
PuppyFinder.com - The Puppy Search Engine!
Puppyfinder.com is secure, simple and efficient way to find a puppy, sell a puppy or addopt dogs via internet. Our tools such as PuppySpin, Breed Selector future puppy owners with the weath of needed information to make the right choice when buying a puppy.
© 2017 Puppyfinder.com. All rigth Reserved.