Utah Portugese Water Dogs
Portuguese Water Dog Puppy For Sale in TOOELE, UT
|Times Ad Viewed:||261 times|
|Breed:||Portuguese Water Dog|
|Age:||5 Months Old|
|Color/Markings:||Black w/ white markings|
|Size at Maturity:||Large|
|Shipping Area:||United States|
|Payment Method:||Money Order/Cashier's Check, Paypal, Cash|
Lucky is a wavy fun loving male and will be ready for his new home Dec 15th, 2016. He is full of energy and loves to be held. His eyes are open and is playing with his sisters. He is starting to play with soft chew toys. He comes with limited registration. They are well socialized with children and adults. They are examined by our Vet, given their first shots and had their dew claws removed. The parents have all of the health clearances that are necessary for our breed. We guarantee our puppies. We can give references including from our Vet. The pups are registered with the American Kennel Club. Both parents are AKC registered and live in our home. We are willing to fly him to his forever home. We love Lucky very much and only want his new owners to love him as much as we do. Any questions please feel free to email or call me. tstonecbzhomes or 801-369-0617
Items Included: 1 yr health warranty, dew claws removed, and 6 wk shot record.
|A.K.A. :||Cão de Água Português, Cão de Água Algarvio|
|Overview:||The Portuguese Water Dog is a very fun-loving breed. They do not shed, thus making them a low-maintenance breed. They're very playful and, as their name implies, they love to play in the water. Suitable for both city and country living.|
|Weight (lbs):||male: 42-60, female: 35-50|
|Height (in):||male: 20-23, female: 17-21|
|Colors:||Black, white, brown, or combinations of black or brown with white.|
|Coat:||It has profuse, single coat, either wavy or curly.|
|Character:||Portuguese Water Dogs are obedient, sociable, and friendly.|
|Temperament:||This breed enjoys being around other dogs, other animals, and children.|
|Care:||The coat needs combing every other day, plus monthly clipping or scissoring. Two clips are acceptable: the lion clip and the retriever clip.|
|Training:||This breed is very intelligent and is eager to please. Therefore, training can be an easy process and they seem to understand instructions quite well.|
|Activity:||The Portuguese Water Dog loves to swim and needs a lot of exercise each day.|
|Country of Origin:||Portugal|
|Health Issue:||This breed is prone to hip dysplasia and progressive retinal atrophy.|
More About Portuguese Water Dog Breed
Before getting a new puppy, make sure you are prepared to share your life with a new family member for the next 15 or more years! Owning a dog is a big responsibility!
Questions You Should Ask the Breeder
1. Are the puppies' parents "certified"? This means that certain breeds are often at risk for genetic conditions such as hip problems, heart problems and eye problems. Most of these diseases are inherited, meaning the disease is passed from parent to puppy. Many breeders will have their dogs evaluated and tested for that disease and ultimately "certified" by a veterinary specialist to be disease-free.
2. What are the sizes of the puppy's parents? Know how big the parents are, to get a good idea of how big your puppy will be. Is that the size dog you want?
3. Ask to meet the dogs parents. If possible, meet the puppy's parents. Notice if they appear to be in good health and evaluate their overall temperament. Are they shy, aggressive, or well adjusted?
4. How have they socialized the pups? Have the pups been around other dogs? Other people? Socialization is critical in puppies 6 – 16 weeks old. Proper socialization consisting of good experiences of a puppy with other puppies and lots of different ages, sizes and types of people will give you the best chance at having a well-adjusted dog.
5. What vaccines has the puppy had? How many shots has he received and when will the puppy be due for his next puppy shot?
6. Have the puppies been dewormed? All puppies are born with worms and routine deworming is recommended.
7. Have any of the puppies in the litter been sick? If so, what were the signs, the diagnosis and treatment?
8. What visits has the puppies had with the veterinarian? Have they been examined and declared "healthy"? If not, what problems have they had? Have they been on any medications?
9. What is their guarantee? What guarantee does the breeder give with their puppies? If the puppy is found to have a severe illness, what will they do? This is a difficult topic but one that is a lot easier to cover up front rather than later.
10. Recommendations? Ask the breeder for a couple references of puppy owners that they have sold within the past year. CALL them. Find out if the breeder was fair, if they were happy with their pups, and how any problems were handled.
11. Breeders contract? Does your breeder require a breeder's contract? If so, what is in it? Is the breeder willing to take back the puppy at any time, if you can't keep it?
12. Limited registration. Some breeders require that you spay or neuter your dog by a certain age. If that is the case, that may not be a problem but it is best to know before you get your puppy.
13. What is the family history? Ask if the breeder has information about the breed line. For example, ask how long the dogs have lived and what they have died from. Write it down. This may be important for monitoring your pet as he gets older.
14. What is the breeder currently feeding the puppy? Regardless of what they are feeding, it is ideal to continue feeding the same food for the first few days at home to minimize the risk of gastrointestinal disturbances. If you choose to change the diet, do it gradually.
15. Health certificate and certificate of sale. Ask the breeder if he will supply a health certificate for the puppy issued by his veterinarian. Some states require also a certificate of sale.
16. Does the breeder belong to a breed club? Ask for references.
Get your questions answered and feel very comfortable with your new puppy.
Too many cute puppies? Can't make up your mind? PuppySpin'em!
Click Like or Don't Like to narrow down your search and create a list of Favorites to email or share with your friends on Facebook to help you choose...
Your choices will be conveniently saved in your Favorites list, which you can easily access after you have finished PuppySpinning...
by selecting a different breed below.
PuppyFinder.com - The Puppy Search Engine!
Puppyfinder.com is secure, simple and efficient way to find a puppy, sell a puppy or addopt dogs via internet. Our tools such as PuppySpin, Breed Selector future puppy owners with the weath of needed information to make the right choice when buying a puppy.
© 2017 Puppyfinder.com. All rigth Reserved.