Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppy For Sale in AUGUSTA, GA
|Times Ad Viewed:||100 times|
verified Breeder Information
|Age:||1 Week Old|
|Size at Maturity:||Large|
|Payment Method:||Personal Check, Money Order/Cashier's Check, Paypal, Credit Cards, Cash|
0 People Like This
Be The First To Like This
Luna is expecting a litter in mid October! The pups will be ready to go to their new homes towards the end of November. Contact us to reserve your spot now! You can check out our website (shefafridgebacks . com) or you can email us directly at shefafridgebacks gmail . com $300 deposit is required
Items Included: Current vaccinations, complete wellness exam, health certificate, AKC registration, and travel crate (when shipped)
|A.K.A. :||African lion dog, African lion hound|
|Overview:||The Rhodesian Ridgeback is great as a hunting dog, a watch dog, or a family pet. They love children and are always eager to please their owner.|
|Weight (lbs):||male: 85, female: 70|
|Height (in):||male: 25-27; female: 24-26|
|Colors:||Light wheaten to red wheaten; nose can be black, brown or liver.|
|Coat:||Short and dense, sleek and glossy in appearance. The hallmark of the breed is the ridge on the back which is formed by the hair growing in the oppositedirection to the rest of th coat, it should be tapering and symmetrical.|
|Character:||Rhodesian Ridgebacks are intelligent and independent. Known for their bravery, they are cautious around strangers and make great watch dogs.|
|Temperament:||This breed requires early socialization with cats and other dogs to prevent later problems. They do well with children, as long as the kids are not too rough. These dogs are reserved around strangers.|
|Care:||The Rhodesian Ridgeback requires occasional brushing. Use a rubber brush to remove dead hairs during times of shedding.|
|Training:||This breed can be somewhat stubborn, so requires a firm and consistent training approach.|
|Activity:||The Rhodesian Ridgeback has a lot of stamina, so he needs a good deal of exercise. Regular long walks are required along with some other outdoor activities.|
|Country of Origin:||South Africa|
|Health Issue:||This breed is hardy and able to withstand dramatic changes in temperature. They may be susceptible to heart disease, dermoid sinus, and cysts.|
More About Rhodesian Ridgeback Breed
Before getting a new puppy, make sure you are prepared to share your life with a new family member for the next 15 or more years! Owning a dog is a big responsibility!
Questions You Should Ask the Breeder
1. Are the puppies' parents "certified"? This means that certain breeds are often at risk for genetic conditions such as hip problems, heart problems and eye problems. Most of these diseases are inherited, meaning the disease is passed from parent to puppy. Many breeders will have their dogs evaluated and tested for that disease and ultimately "certified" by a veterinary specialist to be disease-free.
2. What are the sizes of the puppy's parents? Know how big the parents are, to get a good idea of how big your puppy will be. Is that the size dog you want?
3. Ask to meet the dogs parents. If possible, meet the puppy's parents. Notice if they appear to be in good health and evaluate their overall temperament. Are they shy, aggressive, or well adjusted?
4. How have they socialized the pups? Have the pups been around other dogs? Other people? Socialization is critical in puppies 6 – 16 weeks old. Proper socialization consisting of good experiences of a puppy with other puppies and lots of different ages, sizes and types of people will give you the best chance at having a well-adjusted dog.
5. What vaccines has the puppy had? How many shots has he received and when will the puppy be due for his next puppy shot?
6. Have the puppies been dewormed? All puppies are born with worms and routine deworming is recommended.
7. Have any of the puppies in the litter been sick? If so, what were the signs, the diagnosis and treatment?
8. What visits has the puppies had with the veterinarian? Have they been examined and declared "healthy"? If not, what problems have they had? Have they been on any medications?
9. What is their guarantee? What guarantee does the breeder give with their puppies? If the puppy is found to have a severe illness, what will they do? This is a difficult topic but one that is a lot easier to cover up front rather than later.
10. Recommendations? Ask the breeder for a couple references of puppy owners that they have sold within the past year. CALL them. Find out if the breeder was fair, if they were happy with their pups, and how any problems were handled.
11. Breeders contract? Does your breeder require a breeder's contract? If so, what is in it? Is the breeder willing to take back the puppy at any time, if you can't keep it?
12. Limited registration. Some breeders require that you spay or neuter your dog by a certain age. If that is the case, that may not be a problem but it is best to know before you get your puppy.
13. What is the family history? Ask if the breeder has information about the breed line. For example, ask how long the dogs have lived and what they have died from. Write it down. This may be important for monitoring your pet as he gets older.
14. What is the breeder currently feeding the puppy? Regardless of what they are feeding, it is ideal to continue feeding the same food for the first few days at home to minimize the risk of gastrointestinal disturbances. If you choose to change the diet, do it gradually.
15. Health certificate and certificate of sale. Ask the breeder if he will supply a health certificate for the puppy issued by his veterinarian. Some states require also a certificate of sale.
16. Does the breeder belong to a breed club? Ask for references.
Get your questions answered and feel very comfortable with your new puppy.
Date listed: 09/28/2016
$1,100Luna is expecting a litter in mid October! The pups will be ready to go to their new homes towards the end of November. Contact us to reserve your spot now! You can check out our website (shefafridgebacks . com ) or you can email us directly at shefafridgebacks gmail . com $300 deposit is required
like0 People Like ThisBe The First To Like ThisTags:Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppy For Sale in AUGUSTA, GA
Too many cute puppies? Can't make up your mind? PuppySpin'em!
Click Like or Don't Like to narrow down your search and create a list of Favorites to email or share with your friends on Facebook to help you choose...
Your choices will be conveniently saved in your Favorites list, which you can easily access after you have finished PuppySpinning...
by selecting a different breed below.
PuppyFinder.com - The Puppy Search Engine!
Puppyfinder.com is secure, simple and efficient way to find a puppy, sell a puppy or addopt dogs via internet. Our tools such as PuppySpin, Breed Selector future puppy owners with the weath of needed information to make the right choice when buying a puppy.
© 2016 Puppyfinder.com. All rigth Reserved.