Soft Coat Wheaten Terrier
Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Puppy For Sale in GAITHERSBURG, MD
|Times Ad Viewed:||150 times|
|Breed:||Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier|
|Age:||1 Year 1 Month Old|
|Size at Maturity:||Medium|
|Champion Bloodlines:||Yes Yes|
|Champion Sired:||Yes Yes|
|Shipping Area:||Pick Up Only|
|Payment Method:||Paypal, Cash|
AKC Champion sired from top national breeder. He is an amazing Wheaten that is full of love, energy and happiness. We need to sell him because, we have a two year old daughter and it is just too much for us. We both work full-time and are gone most of the day. He has an pure Irish coat (vs: American) and is currently 26pds and 7.5 months old. He will mature to 35-40pds and is hypo-allergenic. He is also house-broken. This breed is extremely rare in the DC, MD, VA metro area, as we flew him in from out of state. He just got neutered last week, so all the hard work is done. Local pick-up only and he comes with a beautiful crate (x2) and several accessories/brushes. We just want our cost of what spent for the actual pup back and that he finds a loving home. Everything else is free and included (food, toys, grooming supplies, treats, etc.) Contact: jackpatterson2006gmail OR 202-236-6403 Jack
Items Included: Everything you need. Current on everything and comes with a large crate (his home) and x2 plush dog beds.
|A.K.A. :||Wheaten, Wheatie|
|Overview:||The Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier is great with children. They are also very good with strangers and other dogs, so they fit well with most families. The Wheaten learns fast and needs lots of daily exercise.|
|Weight (lbs):||male:35-40, female:30-45|
|Height (in):||male:18-19, female: 17-18|
|Colors:||Puppies are born black, but lighten to the final adult wheaten color by about two years of age.|
|Coat:||An abundant single coat covers the entire body, legs and head; coat on the latter falls forward to shade the eyes. Texture is soft and silky with a gentle wave.|
|Character:||Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers are active, but not overly so. They make friends easily and are watchful and alert when needed.|
|Temperament:||This breed gets along well with children and other animals, as long as proper socialization has taken place.|
|Care:||Its long, nonshedding coat needs brushing or combing every two days. Bathing and trimming every other month is necessary to maintain the desirable coat and silhouette. Pets can be better managed if their coats are clipped to about 3".|
|Training:||This breed requires patience and positive reinforcement during training; he has a tendency toward being somewhat stubborn.|
|Activity:||The Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier has moderate exercise needs, including daily walks and playing in the yard.|
|Country of Origin:||Ireland|
|Health Issue:||This breed is prone to flea allergies and protein wasting disease.|
More About Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Breed
Before getting a new puppy, make sure you are prepared to share your life with a new family member for the next 15 or more years! Owning a dog is a big responsibility!
Questions You Should Ask the Breeder
1. Are the puppies' parents "certified"? This means that certain breeds are often at risk for genetic conditions such as hip problems, heart problems and eye problems. Most of these diseases are inherited, meaning the disease is passed from parent to puppy. Many breeders will have their dogs evaluated and tested for that disease and ultimately "certified" by a veterinary specialist to be disease-free.
2. What are the sizes of the puppy's parents? Know how big the parents are, to get a good idea of how big your puppy will be. Is that the size dog you want?
3. Ask to meet the dogs parents. If possible, meet the puppy's parents. Notice if they appear to be in good health and evaluate their overall temperament. Are they shy, aggressive, or well adjusted?
4. How have they socialized the pups? Have the pups been around other dogs? Other people? Socialization is critical in puppies 6 – 16 weeks old. Proper socialization consisting of good experiences of a puppy with other puppies and lots of different ages, sizes and types of people will give you the best chance at having a well-adjusted dog.
5. What vaccines has the puppy had? How many shots has he received and when will the puppy be due for his next puppy shot?
6. Have the puppies been dewormed? All puppies are born with worms and routine deworming is recommended.
7. Have any of the puppies in the litter been sick? If so, what were the signs, the diagnosis and treatment?
8. What visits has the puppies had with the veterinarian? Have they been examined and declared "healthy"? If not, what problems have they had? Have they been on any medications?
9. What is their guarantee? What guarantee does the breeder give with their puppies? If the puppy is found to have a severe illness, what will they do? This is a difficult topic but one that is a lot easier to cover up front rather than later.
10. Recommendations? Ask the breeder for a couple references of puppy owners that they have sold within the past year. CALL them. Find out if the breeder was fair, if they were happy with their pups, and how any problems were handled.
11. Breeders contract? Does your breeder require a breeder's contract? If so, what is in it? Is the breeder willing to take back the puppy at any time, if you can't keep it?
12. Limited registration. Some breeders require that you spay or neuter your dog by a certain age. If that is the case, that may not be a problem but it is best to know before you get your puppy.
13. What is the family history? Ask if the breeder has information about the breed line. For example, ask how long the dogs have lived and what they have died from. Write it down. This may be important for monitoring your pet as he gets older.
14. What is the breeder currently feeding the puppy? Regardless of what they are feeding, it is ideal to continue feeding the same food for the first few days at home to minimize the risk of gastrointestinal disturbances. If you choose to change the diet, do it gradually.
15. Health certificate and certificate of sale. Ask the breeder if he will supply a health certificate for the puppy issued by his veterinarian. Some states require also a certificate of sale.
16. Does the breeder belong to a breed club? Ask for references.
Get your questions answered and feel very comfortable with your new puppy.
Date listed: 02/14/2017
Breed: Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Sex: Male Male Age: 1 Year 1 Month Old Location: GAITHERSBURG, MDAKC Champion sired from top national breeder. He is an amazing Wheaten that is full of love, energy and happiness! We need to sell him because, we have a three year old daughter and it is just too much for us. We both work full-time and are gone most of the day (12-15hrs). He has an pure Irish coat (vs: American) and is currently 30pds and 13 months old. He will mature to 30-35pds and is hypo-allergenic. He is also house-broken. This breed is extremely rare in the DC, MD, VA metro area, as we flew him in from out of state. Local pick-up only and he comes with a beautiful crate (x2) and several accessories/brushes. We just want our cost of what spent for the actual pup back and that he finds a loving home. Everything else is free and included (food, toys, grooming supplies, treats, etc.) Contact: jackpatterson2006gmail OR 202-236-6403 Jack like0 People Like ThisBe The First To Like ThisTags:Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Puppy For Sale in GAITHERSBURG, MD
Too many cute puppies? Can't make up your mind? PuppySpin'em!
Click Like or Don't Like to narrow down your search and create a list of Favorites to email or share with your friends on Facebook to help you choose...
Your choices will be conveniently saved in your Favorites list, which you can easily access after you have finished PuppySpinning...
by selecting a different breed below.
PuppyFinder.com - The Puppy Search Engine!
Puppyfinder.com is secure, simple and efficient way to find a puppy, sell a puppy or addopt dogs via internet. Our tools such as PuppySpin, Breed Selector future puppy owners with the weath of needed information to make the right choice when buying a puppy.
© 2017 Puppyfinder.com. All rigth Reserved.