Shih Tzu Dog For Adoption in SAINT MARYS, KS, USA
$100 Amazon Gift card rehoming fee to take home a Shih Tzu puppy since as we are moving ...Text Katty +1 (385) 202-3841 for videos.
||Chinese Lion Dog, Chrysanthemum Dog, Shih-Tzu
More About Shih Tzu Breed
||The Shih Tzu is a sweet and playful family companion. He's bolder than his small size suggests, but gets along well with strangers and other animals.
||Coat- Luxurious, double-coated, dense, long, and flowing, can be slightly wavy.
||Shih Tzus are an independent breed, known for their intelligent and lovable nature. They are one of the most sociable and outgoing breeds, and rarely bark.
||This breed gets along with other household pets and children.
||The Shih Tzu requires a great deal of grooming care. Its coat must be combed daily and special treatment may be needed for the ears and eyes to keep them clean. Pets may be clipped.
||This breed can be somewhat stubborn, so consistency is a key to proper training.
||Shih Tzus are contented with short walks.
|Country of Origin:
||This breed tends to wheeze and snore. They are also prone to ear, eye, and respiratory problems, along with spinal disc disease.
If you’re looking to adopt a dog and don’t know where to start, puppyfinder.com is an excellent source for information about adopting a dog and will connect you with hundreds of shelters across the US that have adoptable puppies and older dogs waiting for forever homes.
- Do your research – find out what types of dogs would be a good fit for your lifestyle and the activity level of your family. Also keep in mind the grooming needs of certain breeds that might require frequent maintenance.
- Decide what you can handle – before you get sucked in by all the adorable puppy eyes you’re about to see, think long and hard about the appropriate age dog for your family or if you are capable of caring for a special needs dog. Puppies are a lot of work, if you don’t have time for potty training and obedience classes you’ll want to consider an older dog. There are plenty of middle aged, vibrant dogs up for adoption as well as many senior dogs that would be a great fit for a family looking for a more subdued dog with lots of love to give.
- Learn about the shelters and their adoption policies – It might be easier to start looking at shelters within a certain radius of home but don’t be afraid to venture out to other states as well. Many states have larger populations of adoptable dogs and their shelters are willing to transport pets to suitable adopting families. Some shelters might have requirements for a home visit, a fenced yard or require you to visit the pet multiple times before you commit to adopting. Understand that the shelters are doing their best to place the pets in suitable homes and these requirements are in the best interest of both you and the pet.
- Start looking… Once you know what you’re looking for and what to expect you can start your search through thousands of adoptable dogs. PuppyFinder allows you to search by age, breed, location and gender.
- Meet in person. Whenever possible it is best to meet the animal in person before agreeing to bring them into your life. Even though photos and descriptions can tell you a bit about a dog, you can’t get a true feeling for the animal until you are able to interact with them and make sure they are a good fit for your entire family, including other pets.